Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

Latest Posts

Main Forums

Fabletop

Support

Report a Bug

New idea for sorting characters

jetigig Oct '15
I was browsing my list of characters the other day and I had an idea for a new method to organize them. Currently, characters are listed only by the amount of XP awarded to each character. I think it would be cool to be able to sort the characters alphabetically by name and by the amount of time each character has spent on a table.
Sorting characters alphabetically by name would make it much easier to find a specific character in your list or someone else's. However, a specific character can easily be found with command-F, so this isn't of great importance.
Sorting characters by the amount of time they have been present on a table. This is the real reason of this post. I think this would be interesting to have because it more accurately shows how much a character has been used. Some GMs award tons of XP every session, some forget to award XP, other GMs award little to no XP at all. For example, dyino's goblin game required base stat changes in the characters as the game progressed, so XP was not awarded to allow stat changes later on. Having no experience points meant that this character (and others like him) are at the bottom of my list even though I used them more than other characters that have XP. Another example on the opposite side of the spectrum, I used a character once for only one session, but when the session was over, the GM gave the players 40 XP. I used this character much less than most of my other characters, but he's at the top of my list because the GM gave us an absurdly large amount of XP. I'd like this feature because it allows me to see what characters are most used by other players, and it lets other people see which characters I have put the most love and effort into.
talhajami Oct '15
Hmm, on the note, there could also be some sort of 'rating system' in our profiles that allows us to denote our favorite characters for everyone to see. Might be helpful. Some kind of search system that accommodates people who have crossed the one-hundred character limit would be suitable, too. Though, I suppose it'd be more necessary when the site gets cloud storage, and, it could be patched in, then. Either way, pretty much everything me and jetgig have proposed could work.

Please log in to add a comment.