Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game BETA

Latest Posts

Main Forums

Fabletop

Support

Report a Bug

Table bug - major

humon Jul '16
I have found a bug which have happened three times so far, of which the first was fixed by a few helping hands on the glade, the second was fixed by me (as only the microsoft edge browser could handle it) with a simple trick, but im afraid there is a limit that not even the edge can handle:

If someone writes a single message on a table which is long enough (like, let's say a few tenthousand characters), the table will crash and everyone will dc out. It will take so long for the table to load, that it will be impossible to join without dc/ing in the process.

I am here to ask you to clear the chat, but what would totally wipe out the bug is a simple character limit to messages. of course this character limit would be extremely huge, as only enourmous messages do this.

The way a player can fix it is keep on talking non-stop short messages, spamming it, until the enourmous text is out of the maximum line limit.

Thats how we fixed the first two bugs, they weren't that huge, but this third one is even greater than what we could handle.

My browser version is: (do not change)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36
humon Jul '16
note: i managed to join in alongside gongrath with Microsoft Edge and fix the problem with the usual trick

Please log in to add a comment.