Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game BETA

Latest Posts

Main Forums

Fabletop

Support

Report a Bug

Runeghost's Basic Mechanics

runeghost 13 days ago  /  edited 13 days ago
(Runeghost's Note : This is still a work in progress. Many of the mechanics I started seeding from Thunderstars work. If you like these, you should take a look at his.)

== Basic Mechanics ==
Identifying: Aiming to discover hidden attributes to something, or more clues from the simpler things.
-For physical manners, roll Agility for success.
-For more magical manners, roll Wisdom for success.

Loot: Aiming to get better or more loot.
- For after battle looting, Roll 3 dice in addition to dice equal to the points in traits of luck or loot.
-For Pickpocketing, roll 2 dice after successfully rolled sneaks and pickpocket success. For NPC, it might be something small. For PC, it is something that is taken from their inventory.
- For Chest loots roll 1 di. This is more to test the luck. Even if it is blank, you'll get something.

Shopping: Aiming to buy certain objects. There will be standard prices of the below items, as well as randomized finds. One may choose to roll for a random find, or just buy from the standard list.
-For Randomized Loot, roll three dice for GM's Result.
-Rolling a skull in a shop will often lead to breaking something and having to buy it.
-Rolling a moon in a shop is finding quite the treasure.
-Rolling nothing will most like lead to finding a ripoff of a standard item. Same but less so on low rolls.
--Haggling is rolled with wisdom and persuasion. Each star rolled, the price goes down 10%. Each moon allows it go down 25%. Each skull allows it to go up 50%.
-For Standard, refer to the comparison below.
5G : Food
5G : Water
10-20G : Set of Class Tools / Set of Quest Tools
10-30G : Potions / Medicine / Ingredients / Materials
20-50G : Standard Weapons / Attire
50-100G : T1 Weapons / Armor
100-200G : T2 Weapons / Armor

Blacksmith Shop: At most blacksmith shops you can order a set of equipment, or request repair of equipment, or employ the smith for help in a quest.
-Ordering a set of equipment will most likely lead to an acquisition side-quest. Where you go on an adventure to help gather the materials for your armor. Armor made this way is more likely to have additional properties.
-Employ a smith for help on a quest depends on the quest restrictions and objectives. However, even if it isn't required, you may employ a smith to help on the quest.
-Request repairs have a standard cost. As show below.
5G : Small - Large Weapons / Tools / Jewelry
25-50G : Armor / Attire / T1 Tools
75-125G : T1 Weapon / T1 Armor / T1 Accessories / T2 Tools
150-200G : T2 Weapon / T2 Armor / T2 Accessories

General GM Habits to Moons and Skulls
-A preface. The moon and skull effects are something of a pride of mine. I'd hope that all those whom are in the good / bad twist accept it. And I'll try not to be so hard on you guys.
-As a GM, I find that it makes more sense for the Good Twists and Bad Twists have something to do with the action and the goal of the action.
-If the goal was to cause damage, then the good twist increases damage in a unique will. Sometimes even transforming the initial action. A bad twist may likewise be a cause to reverse damage, or reduce your future damage capacity.
-If the goal was to identify, then the good twist would identify a lot more clues to the adventure, and the bad wist would probably be learning something that may be lies.
-And so on...

Traveling : By which one transfers between Quest Scenes. During these intervals, there can be a chance for an encounter. This is rolled in three manners, encounter chance, encounter type and encounter magnitude.
-Encounter chance is rolled by 3-5 dice.
-Encounter type is rolled by two dice. The first dice represents peaceful encounter, the second represents harmful encounters. Moons means they are more helpful / stronger, and skulls means they are either dead / wounded / or having some sort of effect.
-Encounter magnitude with friendlies is rolled with a five dice. Encounter magnitude with enemies is rolled from between 7 and 10 dice.

Combat styles : Beyond the canon melee is might, ranged is agility and magics are wisdom, there are some that are class styled to another set like finesse based rogues, or are a combination of classes like a spellsword.
-At the start of Character Creation, make sure to list what type of character it is. Whether it based solely on another section or not.
-Additionally, a combination of traits well have the sum of their traits halved. That's what will be rolled. (i.e. A spellsword with might of four and wisdom of two may only roll three dice for the combination trait, or four and two respectively for the individual aspects)
-The GM needs to check and understand how you wish to make the above mentioned.

Pets and Summons : Referring to summoning or using your pets.
-Preface : GM is annoyed at having to add and remove mini's a lot.
-For pets, there is a maximum of two pet slots. One of the two may be a mount.
-The pet slots serve as a way to balance it and may be rebalanced later.
-Mounts are able to add to defense and evasion, while boosting offense capabilities.
-Additionally, while mounted, one may not need to roll for movement

Combat VS NPC Enemy
-NPC usually will post after each adventurer's turn.
-Armor equivalent to the npc's importance tends to be rolled. However, that too may be a little challenging and may be switched to other manners. Such as making each star rolled be worth 1/3 of a damage point. The GM will roll either way and inform you of how it goes.
-There may be a reaction roll to see if the enemy has enough time to react. That same role may apply to PC.

Combat VS PC Duel
-Each rolls for their actions. After one successfully rolls an attack / response, GM will reveal the results from that round. A combat against PC may take multiple rounds and can derail the Quest's momentum. It is discouraged to have it last long, however, the GM will only stop it if it's getting pointless.

=Magic Knowhows=
-Single target basic attack damage spells cost no pp
-Single target special effect, single target medium damage, aoe small damage costs 1 pp.
-Single target high damage, aoe medium-high damage, high buff/nerf spell costs 2pp.
-Special spells that don't belong in those groups should be discussed with the GM.
-Additionally, basic spells do not count against your combat skill limit.
-Also, spells or skills based on the attribute of Might or Agility should be discussed with the GM

Final Notes
-I am a new GM. I am still learning and growing. I love taking in advice and love seeing a story unfold. Especially if it wasn't as intended. So, thank you for reading through this and thank you for considering my table. I'll do my utmost to raise the challenge and intrigue factors.
oman1666 13 days ago
Hey. As I said before when you last posted these, each table has its own dedicated forum, accessible under the 'info' tab. This sort of posting does not belong in the main forum
runeghost 12 days ago
Ah. I'm sorry. I didn't see it. Thank you!
runeghost 12 days ago
I'm not sure how to delete posts...
oman1666 12 days ago
Unfortunately, main forum threads can't be deleted, just post stuff specific to your table in your table form from now on :)

Maybe message Frost to see if he can delete these threads once you've copied them to your forum

Please log in to add a comment.