Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Daretobe's SteamShip

daretobe Oct '14  /  edited Oct '15
+++ Welcome to SteamShip! +++
This is Steampunk, Pirate swashbuckler, and Horror Fantasy. This game will we very serious. Death, drugs, slavery, political corruption, and afterlife will be used and talked about a lot in the game. i am giving my players a lot of freedom. Free form traits, and no limit to in game actions. I give this privilege as fearful as I do freely. The feeling of Chaos rising is one that the game will have.

= - The England that was never to be - =
In this alternate universe, England make many advancements in technology and sciences. Alchemy becomes a profitable field as new used for metals become available. Science begins to dive deeper in primitive sources, and superstitions such as magic. Yet no one can prove or even wield the magical powers some claim the technology was birthed from. The Holy Church, from fear of the new age, creates an abolition movement to 'keep pure the world from the machine'. Many people join the Church's followings. For a time, the use of metal magic was taboo. Now with the industrial revolution, the need for manufacture grew to the point of necessity. The old prohibition of ideals was released, as inventors and scientists created the future.

But not everyone was inventing new and grand gears. When large numbers of jobs were lost because of mechanical replacements, a large divide in the class system grew larger. Agents of the Church began to protest the machine once more, and with the lower and poorer class, caused many riots and unrest. Insurgents and rebels killed left and right.

Not far away,the Ottoman Empire began their conquest. The Ottoman Conquest spread into Persia, South Russia, and the Hungarian Empire. Germany joined the fight, with their powerful military and machines. Though the war is far away, it causes a spread of uneasiness across the continent.

Across the ocean, an America began rising to a stronger force. Trade with the America's increased as the Poor country began searching hard for wealth. Across the world, People took to the seas looking for adventure, or a way out of their current lives. The sky was the new frontier, as blimps, planes, and airships became more and more common.

The world seems to be splitting apart, falling into anarchy. Underground systems of piracy, and black markets spring up. Rumor is, that people are missing. No one is sure who to trust. Is it the Ottoman that are taking people, or is it something more?

Superstition is a powerful thing. History is a riddle, full of fear and superstition. There are no answers, just more questions. The world is one single, solid fact. The fact being, it is a mystery.

There are, at first, isolated cases. Some People are coming back from the dead. Some claim to never die. Even still, some say, when the dead rise, the living will fill the tomes...

> Character Creation <
2 traits (custom)
1 flaw of some sort.
You start with one melee weapon of your creation/choosing.
You can be fully clothed in any style you want.
This story takes place both in a large City, and in the open Sea.
Level Up every 20 Xp.
You may Upgrade traits, make new traits, and add health and power.

** Dare's note on the game **
I will host this off and on, and to be honest, its more of RP, than dice. I may even have a session where dice are not rolled. BUT. I must stress this as well. I need my players to be engaged with this game, and Role Play as well as they can. I want to have this game be OOC free, and people stay in Character. If you can not handle that, please do not bother the people who can.

} The Tag Lines {
The beautiful City, one of Chetha's most prized Gems. Welcome To LowAnna, the City of the Seas. The world is changing. As we enter the new age of Steel, and Copper Cogs, The Cities fill with people. The streets are a danger at night, a shadow organization, simply known as the "7th Seal" Have Amassed a great deal of wealth. Pirates rush about, the only true heroes died a long time ago. Crime, and Chaos ruin the night, and Strict Rule and Law Strike the Day. Such a Polarity, that its people suffer. The city, So beautiful, now soiled in the waste of the masses. The Clock tower Tolls, as your ship comes to harbor.

The King and his men
stole the Queen from her bed
and bound her in her bones
the seas be ours and by the powers
where we will we'll roam

Yo ho, all hands
Hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars
Never shall we die

Now some have died
and some are alive
and others sail on sea