Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

Latest Posts

Main Forums

Fabletop

Support

Report a Bug

Incognito mode not saving maps?

randompixel Jan '16
So I recently created and saved a large amount of maps in incognito mode, and when I create a non-incognito browser tab, the maps don't show up

Is there any way I can backup my maps to my computer?

OS-Windows 7
Browser-Chrome
madmankthree Jan '16
Sorry, but incognito mode is made not to save anything once you close it
spy227x Apr '16
so this shows they're saved locally on the computer? seems like a bad idea to me (but this is untrue as my maps transfer across computers)
oman1666 Apr '16
scenes are saved into your browser. This means switching browser or computer stops you accessing your scenes. It also means that they're all gone the second you close an in-private window.

There are plans in the future for all the scenes to be stored on the server, but that's something Frost is still working on. Scenes saved in the browsers is an intermediate step between not being able to save scenes and being able to access hundreds of scenes (even ones you did not make) from any device :)

spy227x claims that they transfer across computers. I'm curious to hear more about that as, as far as I know, that's impossible.
frost May '16
They are saved in your browser's localstorage because that was the simplest thing to do at the time. It was either that or nothing. Saving server-side is very high on my todo list, though.

Please log in to add a comment.