Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

On materials, crafting and pricing

pyrak Nov '16
I wrote this up a while ago but can't find it so I need to go back and dig around, but it's more likely than not buried in the archives of chat logs somewhere which I don't feel like digging through.

Anyways this system is supposed to be very encompassing and flexable (like my other two things, the XP part and the Equipment part).

Originally designed for a catch all crafting system, the idea is that items are worth a certain material value, and this material value has a direct correlation to the item's currency worth (example: an item worth 1 material (1m) can be bought for 4 gold, and sold for 2). The other part of this is items, when creating an item, it's going to have a limit of how much materials it needs for one unit of that item. This means that if you wanted to make a high quality sword, then you'd need 500 material worth of stuff which may come in any form so long as you could technically make it into a sword (GM's discretion) like a refined fire crystal and mountain heart's ore (the ore not having enough value to fill requirements, so the red crystal takes care of the rest). Of course you could get fine with skipping the material part and just using it's currency value as the base.

Please log in to add a comment.