Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Zaelia - Eat Your Way Around the World

hustle Dec '16  /  edited Dec '16
-- You fling open the doors to reveal a typical raucous Tavern scene in Bulund: i.imgur.com/QilipLj.jpg A Man is near the central table, entertaining guests, before a large Dwarf approaches and tosses the Man's lute into the fire, shoving him away and clearing his throat with a mighty belch. --

= ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( Food for Thought ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( =

WHY HELLO THERE, TRAVELERS!

"And welcome to another episode of "Heinrich Frostfoot Devours the Globe!" I am your host, the mighty in stature, unconquerable in the buffet line, danger to all this side of the Maw when I'm hungry, the Dwarf Heinrich Frostfoot himself!

I've come a long way from the depths of Renth, traveled nearly all of Zaelia, and I'm here in your town to tell tales of some of our world's greatest culinary treats! I've brought a few friends, because who likes to eat alone, eh?

We're starting with Flavors of Bulund, meats and sweets from the land of the Bull!

I'll kick us off with one of my personal favorites. As a Dwarf, you know I'll be the first to climb up on a barstool and grab a mug of the finest brew. And I guarantee I'll be back more times than you can count!

Anyway, my favorite brew in Bulund comes from The Stables, a fantastic upscale tavern in Faudree, owned by a good friend and kinsman, Gulric Firebeard. Gulric made his tavern famous with his Bull's Blood Mead, a dark, thick liquid that can put even the strongest Dwarf on his back. Trust me, I know! This semi-sweet, dark mead goes down smooth and hits like the old King Skorhan's hammer! I've convinced Gulric to give us a bit of its making below."

= . =

= Bull's Blood Mead
est. by Gulric Firebeard, The Stables, Faudree, Bulund

- 1 oak barrel, wax sealed exterior, interior soaked in bull's blood
- Mix equal parts honey mead and Dwarven porter ale
- 'Steep' mixture in bull's blood barrel
- Add one dozen (per barrel) sprigs of mint for taste
- Add -- redacted -- clusters of -- redacted -- as special ingredient
- Let sit for two seasons (best when brewed in Spring, poured in Festival)
- Serve in pewter flagon

= . =

"I'll tell ye what; you figure out how to make that brew, and you might just put old Gulric outta business! HA! Good thing his special ingredient is left outta this mixture."

- Heinrich Frostfoot, Chef/Culinary Artist, Dwarf.
vechmaster Dec '16
=====

Extract from the book "Tomfrey Lopfrund's Secret Recipies of Zaelia":

And so my dear friends we come to a fascinating section of my journey. For a short while we shall deviate from the devilishly delightful and dastardly delectable desserts of Dracos (such as the delicious "Glass Sugar Sorbet") to bring you some recipies that certainly aren't as extravagent, however are integral to many citizens of this fair world.

This section shall be known as:

HEARTY MEALS FOR A WEARY WANDERER

Now, this meal, whilst simple, is a staple of many travellers who need a warm and hearty meal to get them through a night on the roads.

Vagabond Oats:

What you will need:

- A single serving of crushed oats

- A mug of your favourite ale, warmed over a fire

- Berries, Nuts or Vegetables that are on hand

- Honey if available

- Any cooked meat that is to hand

What you should do:

As you heat the ale you must pour in the oats genty, stirring as you go. You must stir occasionally as it cooks, for it will burn easily!

While the oats are cooking in the ale, prepare any vegetables, berries or nuts you have.

Once oats have cooked fully they will have taken in the ale, creating a thick porridge-like stew. It will will the air with a wonderful aroma of ale. Take it off the fire and add in your vegetables, berries, nuts and meat. Stir once more and serve.

For added sweetness be sure to drizzle some honey on top before you eat, if you have any to hand. Salt and other spices are also sometimes added if available.

See! this filling meal makes a great companion on any journey. Hearty and adaptable for any ingredients you have on hand. It may not be the most flavourful, but it is sure to warm you up on a cold night on the road!

=====
hustle Jan '17
= ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( Food for Thought ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( = ) }{ ( =

WELCOME AGAIN, TRAVELERS!

"Your rotund host Heinrich Frostfoot here with another episode of "Heinrich Frostfoot Devours the Globe!" I'll get right to it today, as I've been starving myself in preparation for this delightful meal. No, really! I've only had six meals this morning, and it's nearly midday! By all accounts, I should be dead!

This delectable meal is a staple in the Prides of Leonidan, although my friends over in the Highlands Stronghold of Bulund's mainland have tweaked it a bit to suit the area's traditional fare. Don't tell anybody from the Land of Lions, but I think I like this version better! It's our Bulundian take on the famous 'Tiger/Warg Kebabs!'"

= . =

= Stronghold Kebab ( feeds 4 )
est. by Unknown, The Highlands Stronghold, Bulund

FOR THE STICKS:
- 1 quartered and deboned Withered Shore Dire Boar
- 1 quartered and deboned Taurus Mountain Mule Deer
- 6 Dire Hares, skinned and split
- Any root vegetables on hand

Roast over low flame for three hours, spinning kebabs to gain an even char on all sides.

FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cucumber
- 3 cups Goat's Milk or Cow's Milk, spoiled and curdled
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped herbs in the dill family
- 1 squeezed lemon
- Salt, Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients until the consistency is that of sludge. Pour over top of Kebabs. Serve warm.

= . =

"Who knows where the recipe originally came from? Who knows why someone thought to eat spoiled milk? But who cares?! This stuff is great; I'm on my fifth!"

- Heinrich Frostfoot, Chef/Culinary Artist, Dwarf.

Please log in to add a comment.