Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Zaelia - The Culture of Clothing

hustle Jul '17  /  edited Jul '17
Clothing make the Man. A wardrobe may tell a lot about a person. Where he is from. What social status he is a part of. What occupation he takes. Perhaps where he is going to or coming from.

Many factors make up Zaelia's "Culture of Clothing", and here, we're going to tackle them one by one, place by place, outfit by outfit, to give you an idea of what you might expect a soldier to wear in Bulund vs. Dracos, or what a traveler might have in his bag during a mine cart ride under Renth or by boat around the coast of Leonidan.

( x ) === ( x ) === ( x ) === BULUND === ( x ) === ( x ) === ( x )

A Map: i.imgur.com/qRlS4i0.jpg

... REGIONS ...

( x ) Taurus Keep
. . . x ( imgur.com/a/5l3Yu ): One example of military formal wear, seen only on high ranking officers or Lords. Occasionally, this ensemble may be seen in the Cities.
... x ( imgur.com/a/amKIM ): A functioning party dress of a noble woman. The high collar, long sleeves, covered leggings, and tall boots are essential for travel to and from any party hosted in the frigid Taurus Mountains.

( x ) Highlands Stronghold
. . . x ( imgur.com/a/Ir5aS ): Belts, of leather, furs and hides, kilts or pants, simple boots... All the makings of a Highlander. The Stronghold is made up of clans, and each clan has its own dialect, dress code, and set of glyph tattoos, making them easy to spot but difficult to differentiate, unless you are also from the Stronghold.

( x ) Fertile Plains
. . . x ( imgur.com/a/01P0l ): A commoner dress, probably the most expensive dress a citizen of the Fertile Plains cities would own, and is reserved for banquets, Festival (worn with a coat), and parties.

( x ) The Communes
. . . x ( imgur.com/a/1FcoQ ): The traditional outfit of a Ranger, be it Elven or Man. Those who live in and among the forests must be equipped to travel lightly.

( x ) Bastion

.~'~. { o } .~'~. { o } .~'~. = LEONIDAN = .~'~. { o } .~'~. { o } .~'~.

A Map: i.imgur.com/gwGQ5n6.jpg

... REGIONS ...

{ o } The Western Prides

{ o } The Eastern Prides
. . . o ( imgur.com/a/cjABH ): The interior prides of Leonidan suffer brutal rains and a shift between high day temperatures and low night temperatures. Thus, the wardrobe of an interior Pride citizen must be flexible. This outfit allows for the top to be unbuttoned and tied around one's waist, above the belt, exposing the upper body during the day.

{ o } The Free States

{ o } Providence Temple

-|- + -|- + -|- + -|- + -|- = RENTH = -|- + -|- + -|- + -|- + -|-

A Map: i.imgur.com/s6at3hn.jpg

... REGIONS ...

-|- Surface Cities

-|- The Depths

-|- Vurigkluis Inner Chamber

-|- The Railway

" :-○-: " :-○-: " :-○-: " :-○-: = DRACOS = :-○-: " :-○-: " :-○-: " :-○-: "

A Map: i.imgur.com/q6xD8ni.jpg

... REGIONS ...

:-○-: Glass Desert

:-○-: The Cities of the Cursed Plains
. . . : - : ( imgur.com/a/eLoyj ): The walled Cities of Dracos are places of comfort and Wealth. Clean white undergarments, rarely used for manual labor, are often covered by leather studded robes and topped with dazzling silk wraps or shawls.

:-○-: The Elven Stronghold
. . . : - : ( i.imgur.com/An6FeqB.jpg ): The Elven communities are not open to the public, and as such, not many outsiders have been present at treetop galas or forested banquets where these splendid glimmering dresses of foreign materials would be shown off.
. . . : - : ( i.imgur.com/U6D5oIm.jpg ): If you spot this jerkin on the frame of an Elf, you're most likely at swordpoint or within reach of an arrow. The combat armor of Elves is not leather, though it appears as such. Rather, this green material is a creation of their own, and is as light as glass.

:-○-: Skurin's Bay

^-v-^-v-^-v-^-v-^-v-^-v- = SVALBARD = -^-v-^-v-^-v-^-v-^-v-^

A Map: imgur.com/a/4olJX

... REGIONS ...

^-v- Spitzbergen

^-v- The Mining Cities
. . . ^- ( imgur.com/a/5ignL ): The Outer Cities of Svalbard are populated by miners and hunters, the latter of which cannot leave the safety of the city's walls without armor. Leather and fur are the easiest to come by and allow for the most movement. Conveniently, they're much warmer than metal.

^-v- Edge Island

Please log in to add a comment.