Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Zaelia - Journal of Annette

hustle May '18
The following pages are excerpts from the personal journal of Annette, Golden Age Hero of Giblund in Bulund, Zaelia.

) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - ( o ) - (
jetigig May '18  /  edited May '18
Orphan Roster:
| Name || M/F || Date of Acceptance || Date of Adoption || Adopter ||
| Jimney || M || Spring 3B63
| Hess || M || Spring 3B63 || Winter 5B65 || Gibson ||
| Alissa || F || Spring 3B63 || Winter 5B65 || Gibson ||
| Sandra || F || Spring 3B63 || Summer 4B64 || Randolph ||
| Eli || M || Summer 3B63
| Dakota || F || Summer 3B63
| Martin || M || Winter 3B63
| Kyndra || F || Spring 4B64 || Spring 5B65 || Pickering ||
| Fredric || M || Fall 4B64
| Beth || F || Fall 4B64
| Onmur || M || Fall 4B64
| Terry || M || Summer 5B65
| Yorin || M || Fall 5B65 || Winter 5B65 || Jameson ||
| Elbur || M || Winter 5B65
| Rebeka|| F || Winter 5B65
| Tucker || M || Winter 5B65
| Kate || F || Spring 6B66

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> This page is an excerpt from a document on Annette's desk at the orphanage. Titles for each column have been added to aid the reader's comprehension.
jetigig May '18
GREGORY AND MARJORIE RANDOLPH
Gregory Randolph is a fisherman along the banks of the Red River. His wife, Marjorie, raises a few chickens. I first met Marjorie in the fall after the orphanage opened. Her hobby is knitting, and after hearing about the new orphanage, she brought over some hats that she had made so that the kids could keep warm. Later, she informed me that she had taken a liking to one of the orphans, a girl named Sandra.
After the pre-adoption interview, I’m glad to write that Sandra (approx. 10 years of age at the time of this writing) has a new home.
jetigig May '18
CLIVE AND IRENE PICKERING
Clive Pickering is a hunter who mainly hunts in the forest north of Giblund. His wife, Irene, butchers his kills as well as those of any other hunter who cares to bring in his prey. They have a shop right outside the city limits. They have a daughter, Rita, but decided to adopt another child. They came to visit with the children at the orphanage, and Rita quickly became friends with Kyndra. Clive and Irene decided that they also liked the girl.
After the pre-adoption interview, I’m glad to write that Kyndra (~8 at this time) has a new home.
jetigig May '18
LYLE JAMESON
Lyle Jameson is a guard at the Lord’s Estate. Lyle is unmarried. Lyle told me that he met Yorin while on duty outside the Lord’s Estate. He tells me that Yorin would try to mess with him and distract him from his post. Apparently, Yorin also told Lyle that he wanted to be a guard when he grew up. After the trend of Yorin showing up to mess with Lyle continued, Lyle decided that he wanted to adopt Yorin. Yorin agreed.
After the pre-adoption interview, I’m glad to write that Yorin (~6 at this time) has a new home.
jetigig May '18
CLARUS AND STELLA GIBSON
Clarus and Stella are halfling fisherfolk along the banks of the Red River. I asked him about his surname, and he claims to be a descendant of the famous Gib of Gib’s hill. Clarus and Stella are an older couple who are empty nesters now that their only son, Clarus Jr., has gone to Faudree to study something scholarly (I forgot the exact term they used). Clarus and Stella came to visit the orphanage, and took a liking to Hess and Alissa, two halfling siblings.
After the pre-adoption interview, I’m glad to write that both Hess and Alissa (7 and 9 respectively) have both found a new home with the same family.
jetigig Jul '18
Sweet Annette,

There isn’t a day that goes by where I catch myself wondering what you’re up to on the road with those friends of yours. I know you’re in good company, but it’s cold here, and I can only imagine it’s worse wherever you are. Stay safe, Annette. Stay warm. Remember this; the King will always have another quest and dangerous mission to ask of his citizens, but I’ll only ever have one of you.

PS from Beirun: Pa said I can take a wagon and one of Vacca’s horses up to Faudree for Festival! Isn’t that great? I’ll be manning a stall in the Bazaar by myself to represent Giblund’s clothing and fabrics. I’m nervous, but when I think about you going on a mission for the King, I feel a lot better. Stay safe Annette, we miss you.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> This letter from Giblund is found stuck between the last page and back cover of Annette's often untouched journal. A small piece of the paper is slightly wrinkled from small drops of water.
jetigig Apr '19
Annette's Dream Journal

Last night I dreamt of Bjornen. I'd heard his voice before, and this time was no different. He was standing behind me, speaking in my ear. We walked together at a party greeting people. Some of the people were friends or acquaintances, but others I had never seen before yet they behaved like old friends. The strange part was that no one spoke in the dream, but I could hear them perfectly, and I could respond as though we shared thoughts. Bjornen told me they shared a piece of my Essence, and that was what powered the speechless communication.

Please log in to add a comment.