Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Buried Alive - General Information

fortysecond Jul '15  /  edited Dec '15
Buried alive is a game set in a fantasy City, with medieval/renaissance technology and architecture.

- The City :

"The City stank of death and corruption. Now, it stinks of ashes and smoke. But what will remain with me, ultimately, is that permanent and dreadful smell of urine."
, The Corpsemaker

The City was old. The City was huge. The City was divided.

There stood the Nave, with its cathedrals, palaces, magnificent houses, greedy political leaders and heartless aristocrats.
And above all, untouchable, the Navigator, the Guide, Talmond Verrynts, Atrchyanon of the City.

In the lower parts of the City, separated from the Nave by huge iron walls, laid the Graveyard, a place where the un-nobles were left to rot. A place for theft, plagues, rats, murder, dirt. Once you were born in the Graveyard, you were as good as dead.
Buried alive.

- You :

"A name is useful. It is one of the few things you can hope to leave once you have died, along with your rotting body. Of course, the most difficult part is to find someone to speak it once the worms have started crawling on your eyeballs.".
, The Corpsemaker

You, my dear, were born in the Graveyard, far from the subtle political fights and elegant schemes of the aristocracy.
And you have managed to survive in that place. You are now familiar
with it, as you are with crime and poverty.

Your existence isn't worth much, on a large scale. Or is it? We will see.
You need a few details to exist, nevertheless.
A name, first. The name your mother gave you, or the name you chose while hiding in a hole in the wall of a dirty house, alone since you were born. Whatever. Start with a name.
Then, you need to determine how lucky or talented you have been until now by stating your age.
And you will need to write down a bit of your personal history, as well as what you are.

- Who is that?

What kind of character can you be?

These are not traits. You can choose your traits yourself.

I. Pure Human
Pure is a bit of an overstatement, judging by your dirty appearance, but well...

II. Cursed Human
You have a link with the Demon, an unknown, evil and ethereal entity.
It manifests itself only in some situations. You have no control over that.
The Demon is a mystery.

III. Undead
What are you doing sitting on that operation table, with no pulse at all and your open chest flooded with black smoke?

IV. Incarcyerate
Mastering the Black Arts has a price. The price is suffering.
Stabbed by constant pain, you carry in you the burden of devotion to magic, as well as pure power.

You can be other things. I am open to suggestions. Ask me first.

- Questions

If you have any questions and I'm not on my table, please ask them in the "replies" section of this topic.

Please log in to add a comment.