Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Can You Remember? -An old School RPG

daretobe Aug '15  /  edited Aug '15
** A Foreword **
Have you ever been sitting around flipping though games and ideas, trying to find that one RPG that just feels... Right? That touch of nostalgia, with a retro feel, but not too campy? I want to find that spark, that element to those classic RPGs and bring it back. Worlds less cliche, and more detailed. Battles cooperative, breaking from the single player restrictions of handheld's past. Think of every RPG, try to find the thing that made you love it, that music, those graphics, the characters, the combat? I want to find those things too. With this game, I hope to use the sparks of old games to bring about a game that is strong. I want a game that will last. I want a game, unlike so many others that are forgotten, or those that host it loose interest in. Unlike other GMs, that will move onto a different game every other week. With this open idea, of just... and RPG, in its simplest and purest form, I hope to not only include many genres and consepts, but to also never be BORED! Bored! Thats the key word, right! The glade be a barren waste, where lurkers wait in vain. But no longer. I really want to get into this and have good times. Who's with me!

Official Theme Song of CYR-RPG
youtube.com/watch?v=2L39PYBKF_k
"I'll Fight no more" - Darren Curtis

++ Character Creation ++
Parts marked with a '*' are optional, the rest are required.

-Name
-Role
-Home Town (will be under locations, more coming)
-Hair Color
-Eye Color
-*Favored Enemy
-*Favored Weapon
-*Theme
-*Playby / Sprite ( piskelapp.com or others)
=*A quick two sentence summary of your character's 'Look'
=A short Description of your characters 'Personality'
=*A short Description of your characters 'History'
+A Trait
+A flaw
+*A Second flaw
~*Character's orientation
~*Character's Romantic Interest or availablility.

Players are posted in replies, so that you can see the general makeup of the party, who is what, where, when, ect. Players, after you are cleared for play, post your info as a dossier to this forum.

Races
-Celestial Touched-
Blessed by the stars and sister moons, these people are beautiful and driven by science. Their looks seem angelic, and some are even born with stunted wings.

-Beast Marked-
Blessed by the wild beasts of the world, these people take traits and appearances of animals. They are driven by adventure. Their looks range from more hairy/gruff looking people, to full on quadrupedal.

-Metal Molded-
Blessed by the stones, gems, and metals of the world, These people are small, with very strong skin. They are driven by wealth. Their looks range from shorter humans, to walking rock monsterlike people.

-Scale Born-
Blessed with the cold blood of dragons, these people take on all aspects of draconic looks. From just simple small horns, to full on wings, scales, and fire breath. They are driven by Power

-Blood Bathed-
Blessed by the underdark, these people are vampiric and black in nature and look. Driven by Lust, they are a sick and harsh race. Though not all of their people look Blood Bathed, and not all of the people walk like lions amoung sheep.

-Forest Grown-
Blessed by the natural world, these people are plantlike, and elven in look. Calm and level by nature, they are driven by Stories, and tales. The people look anywhere from oddlike human tones, to moss covered tree people.

World Map
The Island of Thren
i.imgur.com/AJvZLDx.png

North Tower Grendalor
South Tower Mejasu
East Tower Keramas
West Tower Loras

North-East Keep Trevon
Lower Center Keep Mordale

Pointed Tower Iotow Pillar

North Town -
South Village -
West Town -
East Village -

Places & People
Masterox Stone Guild -

Key Lake

Hursk Lake

Calendar
Yes, I made a calendar... Copy paste the below code into this site under 'Data' donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/calendar

More Setting fluff

|| Tech Level ||
I want to keep it pretty simple. The highest tech level is very early single shot muskets. Handguns are not a thing. Guns are large, unreliable, and require a lot of skill and prep. (But, they are not forbidden)

@@@@@Under construction stuff@@@@@

TO DO LIST
=More Locations

#Patherdivision8
#BringLuLuback2k15

~All about the game, with notes added after almost every session~
fortysecond Aug '15
This fills me with enthusiasm.
I usually prefer hosting, but this could be the game to make me enjoy playing as much.
daretobe Aug '15
I'm really glad to see the hype this game has started to spark in a few players. I've chosen to go a more JRPG style vs a western RPG style game. As thus, the art and tone will be more animanga sprite with more soft elements instead of an old hack and slash. I also want to state that this game will not replace or ruin SteamShips. The problem I have with Steamships is I want a select and 5-6 regular players in the game. With CYR-RPG, I can bring in, change up, and help players just joining the game while also treating the regular players with good story. It also works better for larger parties and single shot Characters, unlike many of my past games that have been mainly 3-4 players driven. As always, I will evolve and edit my playstyles to keep the new and old players of Fabletop happy. So there is my update on my table, have a good one! -Dare

Please log in to add a comment.