Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Buried Alive - Acts

fortysecond Aug '15  /  edited Aug '15
Buried Alive - A Game in Four Acts
_____

"I am buried alive, and already rotting. If I was not such a coward I would kill myself, but I am, and so I must content myself with killing others in the hope that one day, if I can only wade deep enough in blood, I will come out clean."
Joe Abercrombie

_

Act I : Mantra Mori
_____

The midnight walk has begun. The killers shall sing the Mantra Mori and make offerings to honor Death. For it is the "Dead Night" and the moon offers light to those who want to spill blood while the Reaper extends its coat over the weak and the pure to keep them in His perpetual shadow.

The bloodthirsty have gathered under the flags and lanterns. Already, you hear the voices intone the Mantra Mori.
Can you run fast enough? Can you flee long enough? Can you find shelter in the place without a haven? Or will you spill innocent blood and swear allegiance to the Reaper?

_

Act II : Chaos Ab Chaos
_____

“Rules are for children. This is war, and in war the only crime is to lose.”
― Joe Abercrombie

A war is often fought between two men, but only one of them dies, while thousands are sacrificed who fought on either of those men's behalf.
There is a war going on in the Graveyard. A war fought between two men. But isn't the war bigger than the Graveyard? And when the sacrificed are brought back to life and a third man appears, will the Graveyard survive the chaos?

_

Act III : Meliora
_____

Is it the pursuit of something better, or only a run for your life?

_

Act IV : Omne Delenda Est
_____

How much can a man lose before he loses his will to live?
How many dreams can be burned before sanity burns with them?

_

Epilogue : Ignis, mecum ambula
_____

In the end, what will remain?

Please log in to add a comment.