Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Buried Alive - The rambling of the old fisherman

fortysecond Dec '15
"Thousands of boats. All ablaze. All kinds of ships, the flames licking the wood as well as the necks of a dozen other flames. And there was a ...ah... radiance in the Ynkwater. One could see pride in that sea of many darrrknesses.
All ships are equal in death. Some produce more ashes, but ashes... ah... How much ash do you need in order to keep only a tiny amount safe from the wind that scatters memories?
Now where was I?
I'm an old man, you know. Who keeps all sorts of ideas in his skull but thinks mostly about fish. And you wouldn't know I don't like to talk, you wouldn't know. Would you, boy?
But oh... ah... some things have to be said so the whispers can remain unheard.
Thousands of boats. And a reflection.
Somehow I could still discern the surreal shape of a gigantic ship in that congregation of illuminated wooden bodies. A gigantic vessel, only very small. But it swallowed the reflection.
It was made of ashes. It was a perfect work of art. But the wind, you know.
The wind it keeps blowing. It doesn't mind beauty. Or maybe it does know it only in itself and is a jealous creature.".
"Tell me, grandpa. Is it madness you suffer from?".
"I am not sure, boy. No, I'm not at all sure if I know. Such is my curse, if there can be only one. But I can have curses, as soon as it brings me fish.".

Please log in to add a comment.