Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game
Join for Free
« Back to Table
An important Lesson for all!
1. People like to roleplay
2. Many of these people are over the age of thirteen
3. Violence, and swearing will not turn these people into inhuman monsters, nor will it cause their heads to explode
4. People over thirteen are perfectly capable of acting like adults without rules to make them
5. The age of roleplayers doesn't denote who is good and who is not. Some of the best writers can, in fact, be the youngest.
This first set of assumptions establishes the fact that you can run a roleplay forum with adult content and not be "contaminated." It is very possible to have a forum that caters to all ages and preferences and still be classy and professional. Imagine that. The second set of assumptions is:
1. Most people suck at writing
2. Some people don't
3. People who suck can get better
4. People who suck don't contaminate those who don't
5. People who are good at writing can help people who suck become better
6. People helping other people is much preferable to people excluding other people
This second set of assumptions establishes a second fact, which is that a supportive community of good writers can accept n00bs, befriend and teach them, and thus create more good writers. It's like renewable energy, except it's made of ideas and comes from people.
This post is brought to you as a snippet from the main page of another text Rp website called Creative Freedom RPG. I do not claim this to be of my own writing, but do agree with the context, and am glad to offer it here as it is beneficial for all players to know and understand.
Please log in to add a comment.