Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Zaelia - What Makes A Hero?

hustle Oct '16  /  edited Dec '16
( i.imgur.com/kZZdTdB.jpg , i.imgur.com/ZwxuzDg.jpg )

The children gather in their usual camp, a flimsy lean-to constructed of sticks and pilfered blankets. The wooden sign hanging above the opening reads "HEROES GUILD". It is rather new and hastily scrawled, as the original sign was recently stolen by a group of older kids. One of the aspiring heroes, a Human boy of eleven years in a small leather vest with several useless straps and buckles, steps onto the old stump inside the cramped tent, ruffles his dirty blonde hair angrily, and speaks to the group of watching companions.

"This is the last straw!" He pounds a small gloved fist into an open palm, creating a tiny *smack* with the strike.

"Those lawless criminals must be stopped! They must be shown justice!"

The last word rings out, yelled in a shrill but commanding voice. Several small heads nod feverishly. In the back of the camp, a wooden sword is tapped against a stick in agreement. The boy on the stump smiles and ends his short speech with a statement.

"They're bigger than us, but they haven't earned anything! They don't train like we do!" More nods and grumbles of bravado. "Remember, a true hero is molded, not made!"

The small room erupts into cheers.

_____
(This is an alternate Character Creation method for Zaelia, set to the theme and stylization of the acclaimed RPG "FABLE".)
_____

( ♥ ) {} ( ♦ ) {} ( ♠ ) {} ( ♣ ) - A Hero Is Molded, Not Made! - ( ♣ ) {} ( ♠ ) {} ( ♦ ) {} ( ♥ )

- (♥) - Choose from any one of Zaelia's six races, taking into account their racial advantages and disadvantages for later (when you grow up) found here: fabletop.com/forum/topic/6098.2/zaelia-mechanics-c...

- (♦) - Choose an age from 9 to 13 years old.

- (♠) - Set your stats to 2 HP and 2 PP.

- (♣) - Set your base traits to 1 Might, 1 Agility, and 1 Wisdom. No bonus traits to start with.

_____

This will be dealt with as both a mini-campaign and an introduction to the world of Zaelia, seen through the eyes of children. The NPCs, enemy or otherwise, will be a little more forgiving as we forge the characters that may one day be the true Heroes of Zaelia. For now, however, they are simple neighborhood children, helping each other with their "grand quests" and struggling to hold off the seemingly inevitable "adult life" of labor and boredom.
vechmaster Oct '16
I will be available Monday evenings after 4PM GMT, Thursday evenings after 5 GMT and Friday at almost any time (however once a month I may be unavailable)
marissa93 Oct '16
Friday evening (approx 6pm) GMT till sunday night 11pm, subject to modifications from course requirements. Weekdays... irregular nights.
jetigig Oct '16
My availability in Central Standard Time:
Monday: Noon to 3:30pm
Tuesday: 1:30 pm to 10 pm
Wednesday: 3:15 pm to 7 pm
Thursday: Noon to 10 pm
Friday: 11:15 am to 6:30 pm
Saturday: I can typically be available at any time
Sunday: Most of my homework gets done on Sunday, so I'd prefer not to
play on Sundays.

Note: I'm taking a teaching course this semester which occasionally has me teaching from Noon to 2 pm on Fridays. If you want to put me in a group that meets during that time, let me know, and I'll tell you which days I'm teaching on.
chrisred123 Oct '16
I'm available at almost anytime during the weekend, but on the weekdays, that might be of a stretch there. On the weekdays, I'm mostly available around 6 pm. It might change, so I'll let you know in advance whenever I can.

Please log in to add a comment.