Cancel
Online Tabletop Roleplaying Game

« Back to Table

Latest Posts

Andamirr teachings

ladysarin Jan '17  /  edited Mar '18
=====

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Do you know what the words imply?

It means that nothing is to be refused as possibility, and that one is to observe and listen to all aspects of a circumstance and seek to understand from it, to obtain enlightenment and knowledge of that circumstance, so as to better seek a peaceful resolution to a conflict, potential or ongoing.

A Jedi does not take sides.. a Jedi seeks only to find common ground. A Jedi does not have bias.. a Jedi treats all as equals, intellectually and compassionately.. this means that while one does not agree with the views, behaviors, actions, or motivations of another.. one does not judge or force alternate opinion to attempt to deter those of another.

I know the ways of the Jedi.. I know the ways of the Sith.. I know many things.. but I follow a path apart from all, because I see the Force not as a divided conquest as Jedi and Sith do, but as a whole..

Cast aside your prejudices.. Forget your Code.. set your mind apart from what you have been trained.. Sit with me.. not as one who has learned already, but as one who seeks knowledge that us unknown to you.. experience my lessons.. if by the end you still choose to follow your former training.. You may resume your familiar path once more.. if you find yourself unable to deny your new knowledge, then you are ready to seek to follow an open path..

Before we begin.. tell me.. what do you know of the Force, be it what you've seen, observed, heard, or experienced personally?

=====

The Force is in everything.. from sentient life.. to inanimate objects.. it is stronger in some than others.. and it is often utilized through ones own emotions.. however some may perceive it.. it can be used as a weapon.. but it is infact a tool.. much as a hydro spanner or wrench is too..
..still.. using the Force is not.. in my views.. divided by good and evil.. light and dark.. these are perceptions of division.. moral coding devised by old men of a dying history.. to dictate right and wrong, to place restrictions on its use..

My Master taught me to look beyond the limitations, to embrace the power of the Force.. and apply it as I saw justified.. be not mistaken.. the Force is greater than any one individual.. greater than any collective.. it has a balance of its own.. and as have I.. so shall you learn to find your place within that balance.. you will be tested.. tried.. manipulated.. perhaps even find yourself near death by my training.. but you will rise from it far greater than you began..

Using the Force will weaken you the more you use it.. but there are ways to recover from this, both in and out of combat situations.. through meditation.. you have relax.. close your eyes.. clear your mind.. calm your body..

In situations of combat, you must learn to clear your mind for meditation while injured if to find success.. and if you don't succeed at first, keep trying.. empty your thoughts.. calm your body.. think not of your frustration or pain..

You must learn to visualize the Force like an invisible field of energy sounding and filling all things.. to use your mind to visualize your actions.. and then use your emotions to unleash your will in the force..

It is fear and anger along with a drive for control and power that fuels the Sith in their training.. you see.. for a Sith, failure ends in death.. if a Sith lord finds a student unworthy of continuing training.. they are killed and then replaced by their Master.. My Master was more forgiving.. and merciful..

It is not my intention or desire to make a Jedi or Sith of any.. I do not believe factions are necessary to maintain a balance in the force, because the Force need not such things.. the Force is the Force.. it is in everything..

=====

-- unclips a lightsaber hilt from her belt, that had rested beside her own, holding it up on flat palms to show--

This is a lightsaber. Many will say it is the weapon and tool of a Jedi and Sith.. it is fully functioning, and efficient.. many see this as a weapon.. but like the Force.. it is merely a tool used by force users.. just as a hydro spanner is a tool used by engineers.. in the right hands.. or wrong hands.. it can be used to do many things.. even become a deadly weapon..

-- levitates the lightsaber hilt into the air as she spoke, focusing her eyes on the hilt as she moved her hands and fingers around it, disassembling it part by part until it was just a sphere of floating pieces and components. Some, or many, of which you may or may not recognize --

..one thing many Jedi will task their padawan to do is build their own lightsaber.. however, they were tasked to do so using only the Force.. this took a very long time to accomplish, but while it helped them understand the delicate nature of the tool and it's workings.. it also helped them understand the delicateness one could apply with the force.. it taught focus, control, patience, perseverance.. with practice, a young force user learned how to construct and deconstruct a lightsaber hilt efficiently, blindfolded even..

-- again her hands moved, quickly reconstructing the components until they were composed into a full hilt again. She took it swiftly into her right hand and pressed the power switch, causing the energy blade to humm to life for a moment before she shut it off again --

..with practice using the Force, you can do such things on any project, great or small, with precision and efficiency, whether it's a hydro spanner, access panel controls.. even a ships reactor core.. the possibilities are endless.. The force is a tool.. one you have the potential to use.

=====
Your lightsaber is an extension of yourself.. the blade, like an extension of your arm.. do not grip it too light, or you will easily be disarmed.. do not grip it too tightly, or your attacks will not be fluid..
Do not think about your strike.. think only of your target.. let your focus flow with your intent behind your strike.. I will not deceive you to say that combat with a lightsaber will not be painful by finish.. but you will not necessarily lose limbs.. you will not necessarily lose your lives..
Observe your opponents actions.. learn from them.. give your best effort..

One technique Force users can employ.. and many Jedi do.. is increasing ones reaction time, allowing speedy attacks and swift dodging.. by focusing the Force inside, you can give yourself a boost of speed for a period of time in combat.. you don't have to force it.. just feel it..

On an imperial world, it is not uncommon to find storm troopers and imperial soldiers fighting alongside Sith.. they see force users that stand against them as greater threats than most others, so they will often target you first.. so prepare yourself!

When sparring, use stun settings on a saber.. In actual combat, killing is not always necessary.. use your judgement in every situation..

=====

Allow me to tell you about force manipulation..

In many ways, the Force is selfish.. some even believe Force users to be a natural elite caste system in the galaxy.. to discover ones potential, and unlock it.. is like unlocking a door of infinite possibility.. I remember the day I met my first student.. I sensed I was in a place I needed to be.. and though I knew not why, I trusted in the Force to guide my way.. of course, to pass the time comfortably I did persuade the bartender to give me free drinks.. My companions and I got out of there after the fight, but not before I convinced the bartender to forget our presence and tie up loose ends for us.. do you know how?

It was by using the Force. As I've said before.. the Force exists in all things.. it is the basic energy of creation.. Force users are able, with focus, training, and practice, to manipulate the will of the Force and bend it to our will.. to use it, as a tool.. Jedi use it to dissolve hostile situations.. and to avoid situations that may create a hostile situation.. Sith use it to discover secrets and truths they feel are being kept from them, and to create slaves to do their bidding.. not everyone is susceptible.. but more often than not, they are..

To attempt on one who is impervious to mind manipulation, or stronger willed, will give you away as a force user.. and often will create hostilities.. Further.. one must have the attention of those they are desiring to affect.. eye contact is essential..

It is a useful tool for gaining knowledge and avoiding unpleasant situations, but can be applied towards many uses.. bargaining a purchase cost down.. acquiring free drinks in a cantina.. convincing someone to forget something specific.. convincing someone to do your bidding.. even altering someone's perception..

With the force, it is even possible to cloud ones perception, as I said.. say you wanted to sneak past someone.. you can convince them that you are not there.. force users will still be able to potentially sense you.. but their minds eye will be clouded.. physically you will have vanished, until you undo the act..

Droids and Hutts especially are impervious to mind tricks.. beasts however are another story. Many forget that most sentient beings have a heat signature.. thermal detection cannot be masked.

As you travel, you will come across many situations of varied resolution. You must focus on your surroundings, and find what is necessary to gain the desired outcome for you.

When in combat, do not be afraid to use whatever tools necessary to be victorious.. on imperial worlds, they are more likely to capture, torture, and kill.. not always in that order.. If they think you are a force user they will try to capture and break you if they don't kill you.

=====

These teachings are not of the perceived light or dark.. these teachings are of the Force. How one uses them is a choice.. Orders such as the Jedi and Sith would dictate which is appropriate.. I use what is appropriate.. as do my learners.. freedom in the force is freeing.

Please log in to add a comment.